1. Scope of application and relationship to other regulations
The Trovr Service is aimed at consumers (referred to as “Users” or “you”) who wish to receive personalised information from Trovr about offers and campaigns by Trovr and specially selected business partners. The Trovr Service aims to ensure that Users receive relevant content that is of interest to the Users. Trovr uses your recycling, purchasing and usage behaviour, in order to determine relevant content, as described below.
The Trovr Service is also aimed at businesses (referred to as “Users” or “you”) who wish to deliver offers and campaigns through Trovr.
Your continued use of the Trovr Service following the posting of changes will mean that you accept and agree to the changes. Trovr reserves the right to not post or publish any materials and to remove or edit any material, at any time in its sole discretion without notice or liability.
To provide location-based services on the Trovr Service, Trovr and our partners and licensees, such as maps data providers, may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your electronic device compatible with the service.
2. Registration and Account
In order to use our Trovr Service, you must have a Trovr account.
You may apply to register to use the Trovr Service by clicking on the “Create An Account” button in the Trovr App and entering all of the required information including providing your Trovr account username and password (“Login Data”) and then clicking on the “Next” button. You will then be prompted to enter your date of birth and confirm its accuracy, as well as opting in to receive marketing material. You will not incur any costs as a result of registering to use the Trovr service. At any time before you click the “Register” button, you can cancel the registration process at any time by closing the Trovr app, or change the information you have provided by deleting, adding or correcting the information provided in the various fields. After completing the registration process, you can change the information provided in your personal Trovr account at any time (which can be accessed via the Trovr app).
Once we have received your application to register, we will send you a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you provided during registration which will confirm that we have received your application and that you have been registered to use the Trovr service. You may use the Trovr app as soon as you have received this confirmation e-mail. This e-mail will also contain a verification link which you must click in order to verify your e-mail address and link this to your Trovr account.
You must enter your details correctly as part of the registration process and keep these details up to date at all times. The details you provide must be personal to you, must be valid and must not be assigned to any other Trovr account. You may not create multiple accounts using temporary email addresses. You may not register an account using someone else’s details.
Trovr reserves the right to refuse the set-up of the Trovr Service by a user in individual cases without giving a reason.
Any interaction with Trovr via Trovr (including via your Trovr account) will be attributed to you. This also applies if third parties have acted through your account if you allowed them to access or use your account either by act or omission. If you have reason to believe that your account is being used by a third party, you must inform us as soon as possible and request for us to change your access data.
You can register for Trovr via the Trovr app, which is available for iOS and Android platforms through the Apple App store or Google Play store for various mobile platforms.
When you register, you will automatically be assigned a Trovr customer number.
3. Service Objectives
3.1 Trovr Service
The purpose of the Trovr Service is to send you relevant information via the Trovr app, which is relevant to you and – as far as possible – to personalise our offers and services for you.
With Trovr, you can enjoy a wide range of services. These include special offers tailored to your needs and wishes, participation in prize draws, competitions and discounts. We will try to determine your interests and preferences with regard to the products and services that Trovr offers.
3.2 Data collection and storage
The data and information provided to us by you helps us to determine suitable offers for you. If we ask you for your consent for the processing of your data as described below, the information concerned will only be processed for the purposes of Trovr and its partners if you have given your consent.
3.2.1 Registration for Trovr
During the registration process, we require the following details from you: first name, surname, date of birth, and e-mail address. We also request the following optional details: title, address (street, house number, postcode, city and country) and mobile phone number.
3.2.2 Data added to the ‘Profile’ section within your Trovr App.
If you have voluntarily provided optional information within the ‘Profile’ section within your Trovr Account about yourself we will store this data within your Trovr account and this may be used in connection with Trovr and Trovr Services.
3.2.3 Voucher redemption
When you redeem a Trovr voucher in a participating store Trovr will record the details of this transaction including the store you visited, the type, the vouchers you redeemed, and the time of the redemption. By assigning your voucher redemption to your Trovr account, it helps us to provide you with voucher offers tailored closer to your preferences and interests and to participate in promotions.
3.2.4 Customer service
When you contact the Trovr Customer Service Team we use the data you provide to process your request.
3.2.5 App Usage
If you use the Trovr app, we will keep a record of all content viewed in the app such as coupons that have been viewed and activated, your notification settings, your participation in prize draws, viewed articles and competitions. We also collect information about your interaction with the app such as visited sections, the screens seen during each session, the number of clicks and scrolls. In addition, we process your customerID and we collect information on the operating system version used, the device identification, the system language and the chosen country as well as the app version that you are using. In certain circumstances, we only collect this information about your use of the Trovr app with your consent.
3.2.6 Login data
Your login data will be collected and used so that you are able to login automatically, so that you do not have to log in each time that you use the app. Your login data will be saved in the app until you log out of your account or the token expires.
3.2.7 Partner offers
Within the Trovr app, you can receive discounted offers from business partners from time to time. These offers contain a generic or individualised identification number (promotional code) assigned by the respective business partner, which you must provide to the business partner when redeeming the offer. The coupons are not an offer provided by us; the receipt and use of the offers is subject exclusively to the conditions and data protection information of the relevant business partner concerned. As such, the offers which we make available to you from our business partners may be amended and/or removed from time to time, for example if the relevant business partner is no longer able to provide the offer on its original terms in unavoidable circumstances. The business partners may inform us if you have redeemed the coupons, vouchers and promotional codes etc. The app or the “Partner offers” function of the Trovr Service may contain links to partner or other independent websites which are not provided by us. Such partner or independent sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and have not checked or approved their content.
3.2.8 Newsletter/ Push Notifications/ SMS
Furthermore, we collect your user behaviour with regard to newsletters and other information which we may send you as push notifications or SMS, store it and, if possible, assign it to you, your e-mail address or your User ID. We also collect the time of opening the links and areas you clicked on, selected products, time, duration and frequency of use.
3.3 Data analysis
We will compile the data described in section 3.2 in our database. We evaluate the data with the aim of identifying information in which you may be interested, so that we can send you or display such information. We also use mathematical-statistical methods to determine possible product interests. For this purpose, your personal data is compared with the data of other Trovr Users. Based on this comparison, we can then determine which other products and promotions that other Trovr Users with similar interests might be interested in. However, Trovr is not able to guarantee that you only receive offers in which you are interested. Furthermore when you use the app, we create user segmentation profiles for purposes of statistical analysis and assign these, if possible, to your account. We do not process special category data which includes: personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin; personal data revealing political opinions; personal data revealing religious or philosophical beliefs; personal data revealing trade union membership; genetic data; biometric data (to identify); data concerning health; or data concerning a person’s sex life or sexual orientation. The categories of your personal data which we will take into account in the evaluation described in this section 3.3 are set out in the Privacy Notice.
4. General requirements for the use of the Trovr Service
To use the Trovr Service, a valid e-mail address is required.
In order to use the Trovr app, participants must download the software through the Apple App store or Google Play store.
You must have a device with a minimum operating system as specified on the applicable app store download page from time to time in order to use the Trovr app. Please check the minimum requirements on the applicable app store download page before downloading or updating the Trovr app.
However, Trovr endeavours to offer the software for as many different model types as possible. Due to the constantly changing product ranges on the market for mobile devices, Trovr is not able to offer an up-to-date list of all mobile phones with which the Trovr Service can be used.
The installation of the software and the use of the Trovr Service requires regular mobile data use from your mobile phone. The extent and frequency of data transmission depends on the type and extent of use of the Trovr Service. You must bear the connection costs and charges incurred for any mobile data use. The amount depends on the existing contract between you and your mobile phone provider.
The costs of setting up and maintaining an Internet connection and/or mobile data services are not part of the Trovr Service. Only your mobile phone service/Internet provider is responsible for this.
The use of the Trovr Service also requires sufficient battery power and screen brightness to scan the QR codes during the check-out process.
From time to time, Trovr may issue updates to the app to improve performance, enhance functionality, reflect changes to the operating system or address security issues. Updates will be made available through the App Store. Depending on the update, you may not be able to use the Trovr Service until you have downloaded the latest version of the app and accepted any new terms. You may not use the Trovr Service on manipulated or hacked devices (e.g. any jailbroken or rooted device).
5. Your duties
- enter your data correctly when registering and keep your profile up to date; and
- keep your password private and change it regularly, or if you know or suspect that someone else knows your access data information, or has used or has tried to use them.
- agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the infrastructure of the Trovr Service or Trovr’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to the Trovr Service or to Trovr.
- agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Trovr Service or any transaction being conducted on the Trovr Service, or with any other person’s use of the Trovr Service.
You must not:
- use the app in any unlawful or malicious manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms and conditions;
- act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into the app, the Trovr Service or any operating system;
- infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of the app or the Trovr Service (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these terms);
- transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the app or the Trovr Service;
- use the app or the Trovr Service in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users; and
- not collect or harvest any information or data from any Trovr Service or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running any Trovr Service.
- use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Trovr Service or any Content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Trovr Service or any Content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Trovr Service. Trovr reserves the right to bar any such activity.
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Trovr Service, or any other systems or networks connected to the Trovr Service or to any Trovr server, or to any of the services offered on or through the Trovr Service, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate means.
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Trovr Service or any network connected to the Trovr Service, nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Trovr Service or any network connected to the Trovr Service.
- reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of or visitor to the Trovr Service, or any other customer of Trovr, including any Trovr account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Trovr Service or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Trovr Service, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Trovr Service.
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmittal you send to Trovr on or through the Trovr Service or any service offered on or through the Trovr Service. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity.
If we fail to comply with these terms we are responsible to you for loss or damage that you suffer which are a direct, foreseeable consequence of us breaking these terms, or any losses or damage you suffer as a result of our failing to use reasonable care and skill.
We do not accept any responsibility to you:
- if you are unable to access the app due to there being no or limited WLAN connection or internet connectivity being available through your mobile device; or
- if the scanning device at the checkout does not function correctly and you are unable to identify yourself to link your purchase to the app.
Any offers that are made available to you via the Trovr app are subject to availability.
We do not exclude or limit in any way liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors, or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We are responsible for damage to your property if digital content we have supplied via the app damages a device or digital content belonging to you. We will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However we will not be liable for damage that could have been avoided by following our advice to apply an update to the app, or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation/download instructions or your unlawful use of the app.
We are not responsible for events outside our control. If there is any interruption to the operation or availability of the app and the Trovr Service due to an event outside our control, we will let you know as soon as possible and take steps to minimise the impact. Provided we do this we will not be responsible for any loss which may be incurred by you as a result of any suspension or interruption to the availability of the app. Access to the app may need to be suspended temporarily from time to time in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair required for these purposes.
7. Termination, deletion
You may terminate participation in Trovr at any time without giving any reason by contact Trovr through the Help and Support section of the Trovr app.
Termination by Trovr is also possible at any time without stating a reason.
Upon termination for any reason, your right to use the app and the Trovr Service will end, and you must stop using the app and delete it from your mobile device.
- to reflect changes in law or regulations or meet any relevant regulatory requirements;
- to reflect new (or changes to) statements of code of practice or industry guidance designed to enhance consumer protection;
- to reflect changes in technology and any changes to the functionality of the app, including the removal of out of date functionality and where we are improving and/or extending existing functionality or making changes to the way we implement the Trovr Service to maintain its functionality and security; and
9. Final provisions